LUX // LUX VORTEX
1. CASE STUDY
Lux Vortex is an explorative interactive light and sound sculpture. The sculpture investigates various phenomena and anomalies of light within the domain of black holes.
Black holes do not only attract matter — light, likewise, cannot escape its immense gravitation. Based on the notion that visitors of the installation represent sources of light (and sound) which are being attracted by the vortex in the centre, the installation investigates various aesthetic and atmospheric renditions of this phenomenon. The spectators thus become part of the sculpture and form visual and acoustic events based on their presence in the given space — as an audiovisual simulation of a gravitational field.
- Produced by: www.xenorama.com
- Commissioned by: Landeshauptstadt Potsdam
- As part of the Stadt für eine Nacht 2018
- Visual Design and Programming: Marcel Bückner
- Sound Design and Programming: Tim Heinze
- Mock-Up Construction: Nindya Nareswari
- Documentation: Moritz Richartz, Nindya Nareswari
- Location: Schinkelhalle Schiffbauergasse, Potsdam
- Date: 15.06.2018
- Format: Interactive Projection Mapping